2. Play Bigger Than Life - George Lucas is only 5-foot-6, yet he made a giant impact on the movie industry. Aspire to achieve greatness, and you just might find it.
3. Background Music Is Important - The score of a film is essential to the audiences" enjoyment, and John Williams" Academy Award-winning "Star Wars" theme is legendary. Where are the opportunities in your small business to enhance the experience of your customers/clients?
4. Success Is Fleeting - "Star Wars" made Lucas rich, but not all of his projects were as successful (read: "Howard The Duck"). Be innovative, and always focus on what you do best.
5. Seek A Sage - Yoda trained the greatest of the Jedi knights. Find a mentor - or a coach - who you can depend on for wise and insightful guidance, and to hold you accountable.
6. Believe In Yourself - Luke Skywalker initially failed to understand the power was within him. Remember, you have the greatest power for making things better in your small business.
7. Loyal Employees Are Critical - R2-D2 and C-3P0 always came through for their masters. Hire the right people, inspire them to excel, and they, too, will come through for you.
8. Avoid The Dark Side - Anakin succumbed to evil and became Darth Vader. Be cautious of poor decisions that could jeopardize your small business.
9. Celebrate Success - At the end of "Star Wars," Princess Leia awards Luke and Han Solo with medals. Make sure to reward your employees for their excellence in helping you.
10. Be Slow To Anger - Han Solo warned C-3PO it"s not a good idea to upset Chewbacca. While you wouldn"t react like a Wookiee, maintain your composure with employees and, especially, customers.
11. Let The Force Be With You - Reach deep inside when faced with any challenges. Be true to what you know is right for your small business and the answer will usually appear.
Copyright 2005 by Success Handler, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Coach, David Handler, is the founder of Success Handler, (http://www.successhandler.com), and specializes in helping small business leaders find clarity and take action. He understands the challenges of running a business, because he"s been there - as a small business owner, franchisee, franchisor, corporate leader and trainer. Much like sports coaches, his coaching will show you how to compete on a level playing field in your industry.
Copyright © 2002-2018 . 神马英语网—在线英语学习_免费英语学习 版权所有 京ICP备10015900号