手机版
您的当前位置: 首页 > 英语学习 > 语法 > 2008年职称英语考试珍藏句型分析宝典(四十三)

2008年职称英语考试珍藏句型分析宝典(四十三)

来源:语法 时间:2016-08-09 点击:

  now that ... V ...
  結構︰now that+主詞+動詞
  說明︰此句型意為“因為/既然…”。now that 是<副詞><連接詞>,that 可省略,意思是 since(因為)或 seeing(that)(既然),引導<副詞子句>,修飾<主要子句>。
  Now that I am free, I can enjoy music for a while. 既然有空,我可以享受一下音樂。
  I want to work now that I am well again. 我想去工作因為我又健康了。
  Now that there is a new tunnel, the road is less dangerous.
  既然有了一個新的隧道,這條路就比較不危險了。
  Now that you are a college student, you should learn to be independent of your parents’ help.
  既然你已是個大學生了,就應當學著獨立,不靠父母的幫助。

  not ... because ...
  結構︰not ... because ...
  說明︰此句型意為“並非因為…而…”。使用本<句型>時,because 之前不可有逗點,否則意思完全不同;有時得從 because <子句>的邏輯來判斷意思。
  You must not despise a man because he is poor. 你不可因一個人貧窮而輕視他。
  I do not love him because he is rich. (I love him not because he is rich.)
  我不是因為他有錢才愛他的。
  I do not respect him because he is playful. 我不尊敬他,因為他貪玩。
  I do not respect him because he is knowledgeable. 我並非因為他有學問而尊敬他。

  not that ... but that ...
  結構︰(It is) not that ... but that ...
  說明︰此句型意為“並非…而是…”。It is 通常予以省略。
  Not that I dislike the task, but that I am not equal to it.
  並非我不喜歡這工作,而是我無法勝任。
  Believe it or not, not that I don’t love Mary, but that I love my country (all the) more.
  信不信由你,並非我不愛瑪麗,而是我更愛我的國家。
  Not that I hate the work. I’m not strong enough for it.
  並非我討厭這份工作,而是我不夠強壯,無法勝任。

  so that ... may ...
  結構︰so that/in order that ... may ...
  說明︰此句型意為“以便…”。此為表示目的的<副詞><連接詞> so that,in order that 所引導的<副詞子句> <句型>。so that <子句>總是置於<主要子句>之後,而 in order that 置於<主要子句>前後均可,且<語氣>較為強調。通常使用<助動詞> may,也使用 can(could),shall(should),will(would)等。若<主詞>與<主要子句>相同時,可變成<不定詞片語>,即“so as to+原形<動詞>”或“in order to+原形<動詞>”。
  Read the questions carefully so that you may not make a mistake in the test.
  考試時要仔細看清楚題目,以免犯錯。
  We turned on the light so that we might see (=so as to see) what it was.
  我們把燈打開,以便看看它是什麼。
  I study hard, so that I may not fail in the examinations. 我用功,免得考不及格。
  My father works hard in order that he may support us. 我父親辛苦地工作為了養家。
  I’ve decided to learn photography in order that I may better appreciate the beauty of nature.
  我決定學攝影以便更能欣賞自然的美。
  I came in order that I might/could see May. (=I came in order to see May.)
  我來是因為能見到梅。
  We must find out the customs of other countries, so that they will not think us ill mannered.
  我們必須知道別的國家的習俗,免得他們會認為我們是沒有禮貌的。

  lest ... (should) ...
  結構︰lest ... (should) ...
  說明︰此句型意為“以免…”。等於“for fear (that) ... should”。lest 為<副詞><連接詞>,引導<副詞子句>,在該<子句>中,只能用<助動詞> should,但 should 可省略,直接接原形<動詞>。
  I got up early lest I (should) miss the train. 我早起以免錯過了火車。
  We talked in a low voice lest we should wake the baby up. 我們小聲說話以免吵醒嬰兒。
  Hide it lest he (should) see it. 把它藏起來免得他看見。
  He took a flashlight lest it should get dark before he returned.
  為了預防回來以前天就黑了,所以他帶著手電筒。
  Be careful for fear (that) you should be misunderstood. 請小心點不要被誤會了。

  ... in case ... should ...
  結構︰... in case ... should ...
  說明︰此句型意為“…唯恐…;以防萬一…”。in case 是“唯恐(=lest);萬一(=if)”之意,做<副詞><連接詞>,引導<副詞子句>,與 should 並用,以修飾<主要子句>。in case 置於句首,也可當 if 使用。
  I stopped suddenly in case he should think that I was showing off.
  我突然停住,唯恐他會認為我是在炫耀。
  They watched him closely in case he should escape. 他們嚴密監視他,惟恐他會逃脫。
  In case (=If) I forget, please remind me. 萬一我忘記,請提醒我。
  Write the telephone number down in case you forget. 把電話號碼寫下來以免忘了。

神马英语网—在线英语学习_免费英语学习 https://www.smyyk.com

Copyright © 2002-2018 . 神马英语网—在线英语学习_免费英语学习 版权所有 京ICP备10015900号

Top